Thursday, February 6, 2014

Updates - Where is MidnightAGStudios?

Hey guys! So, I haven't really been using my blog very much, but today I decided that instead of making an updates video and posting it on my channel (which I know some people don't appreciate) I would just make a blog post about it and mention it in my feed to avoid saying "um" 25 times in the first minute of the video. Anyway, it's going to be easier to type all my thoughts out than to sit down and piece together a video then upload it.

So, number one. Lack of videos.

Last year when I started making videos I was homeschooled with a four day-per week school schedule. I got Wednesdays off. So I had plenty of time to make videos and do whatever. But now I've made the jump and I'm going full time to a private Christian school. So now I have to maintain an A average in all my classes which means I have to put in a lot of hard work. I'm prepping myself for college here even if I'm still a ways away from needing to think about it. School is taking up a lot of time and energy right now, and I'm still learning how to cope. I'm sure you can all relate. School is stressful :(

Is my schedule looking better in the next few months for making videos? Truth be told, it's probably going to be worse. I have four very major things coming up.

March - Spring play
April - Trip to Lopez Island (in Washington) with my mom over Spring break. We live in Maine, so that means a 6 hour flight across the US.
May - Trip to New York with my Drama class. We're going to go see the Lion King on Broadway.
June - Dance recital. I'm a tap dancer, and I recently started dancing again after a few years of not doing it. I had to learn everything again and more advanced moves than before. Our dance is very fast and a little complicated. My grandmother says that she thinks I would be awesome at Riverdancing eventually, and that's my goal. But Riverdance is very difficult. Seriously, if you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this. The whole thing. It's incredible: River Dance

Think that looks hard? You have no idea. As a tap dancer, I have to count my steps in my head, and there are so many movements happening so quickly in that dance. I have trouble with rhythm circles sometimes, so I have a ways to go XD. Anyway, back to what this post is supposed to be about.

Next is why haven't I been uploading any of the videos I promised to make? (Something Small, Locked In, Chasing Starlight)

Chasing Starlight is something I've been meaning to refilm and still intend to refilm once the weather gets better around here. I want to finish that series. Something Small wasn't a series I felt very into. It's still a possibility, but unlikely. I might just leave it as a trailer without a series to go with it. And Locked In...I want to film it. I want to do it so much. But my basement is a pain to film in. Everything is constantly changing. The stack of bags of pellets for our pellet stove I needed for episode 1 is gone, and the stack that I usually use to put my dolls on is covered in white spraypaint because my dad was painting boards on top of the bags. It's always cold and the lighting is terrible. I might have to change it into an outdoor series over the summer.

And that's pretty much it! The only other thing I'm going to mention is that I *might* do a sequel to The Wrong Way Around. I actually wrote a small song for it that I could use as a themesong. That would be kinda cool. Oh, and thanks for your support with both my home channel and my collab videos on 7SuperStudios. (Wednesdays with Kit). If you haven't heard of the channel, go check it out! All our collabers make awesome, funny videos! :D

Stay awesome!

-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment